Read Chapter 5 (pages 127-192)
Discuss the following questions:
In the comments, post your responses to each question:
- Which of the 3 T's in action do you well ?
Which one do you want to develop?
- "Parents who take pride in never speaking baby talk, speaking to their infants in only the way they'd speak to an adult, are missing an important point; that this kind of talk does not "dumb down" content." (Pg. 138)
Reflect on this statement. Do you agree or disagree?
- How do you use "math talk" in everyday language with children?
- Do you have a favorite quote or page from this chapter?
- Share any "aha" moments that you experienced while reading about the fourth T.